Saturday 20 June 2015

[Translation] Taishou Guuzou Roman: Teikoku Star Vol. 1 Seishirou Disk 2



Hello,
Yay I've finished this Drama CD and I finished by the weekends as promised lol.
Okay, as you know my translations are not 100% accurate so if you spot any mistakes please tell me. Enjoy and feel free to share but please credit me~


Taishou Guuzou Roman: Teikoku Star Vol. 1 Seishirou Disk 2
Seiyuu: Sakurai Takahiro





TRACK 6
Recently the Rokumeikan (T/N: It’s literal meaning is the “Deer-cry Hall” which was a building symbolizing the westernization of Japan during that period) is opening an evening party a lot. It seems the people here don’t care at all about the slow economy after the World War. Huh? That’s? Why is that women…. Hey, you… Why are you here? I’m asking how a commoner like you is here at the evening party opening at the Rokumeikan. Really? You got an invitation as the owner of the Daiteikoku theatre? Hn, you really came to place that doesn’t suit you. Of course I got invited here. More importantly, where is your partner?

[1:06]
You came here without a partner? You don’t even know that that’s embarrassing. Although it’s troublesome, I can’t let you be. Give me your hand, do as I say. Now, lady. Please give me your hand. What are you standing still for? Hurry up and hold my hand. Do you not understand? If the Daiteikoku theatre’s owner just stands there without a partner, people would laugh. If you don’t want to get laughed at, listen to me. Today, there will be the Teikoku Bank’s director and merchants so don’t make any mistakes.

[2:03]
Isn’t this Sir Morimura? How have you been doing? Hey, stop with that stoic face. Greet him properly. I’m sorry, it seems like she didn’t know that she would get to greet you so she’s nervous. You’re so humble. It’s also an honour for me to greet you. Yes, then I’ll see you later. I shall wait. Oi, when you greet someone at a place like this, smile more naturally. What was that face before? You couldn’t even say hello properly. This is troublesome. There’s a lot of people here. Let’s go next to the wall, follow me.

[3:06]
Quite a sight. At this time, when there’s people out there having trouble due to the economy, look at these people. Hey, adjust your posture. Since you’re wearing shoes that you’re not used to, everyone can tell that you’re awkward. But, can you, I’m asking just in case…. Can you dance? How pathetic. With the skills you learnt from skill, it’s obvious how you’ll dance. Also it’s worse when you were formal clothes that you’re not used to. It would be a problem if you make a mistake while dancing as it would ruin the reputation of the theatre. If someone asks you to dance with them, reject them, okay? Don’t catch other people’s attention, okay?

[4:06]
Ah, you guys? It’s been a while… Yeah it’s the first time after I quit the military school. But why are the military in a place like this? You’re here to patrol, so that means there’s another riot? Ah, me? I’m… I’m currently working as a Teikoku Star at the Daiteikoku theatre. …Yeah, you guys are great for fighting for the sake of the country whilst endangering your own lives. An actor wouldn’t endanger their life… But, but I am proud of my life. You guys have no reason to laugh at me. You’re wrong! I didn’t go downward in life! I still haven’t given up my life as a soldier! I just! You guys… You guys… made me fall. No matter how much I tried, I couldn’t achieve my dream. I just fell to the ground… Huh? Owner? Owner! Hey, where are you going whilst holding my hand?

[5:54]
To drag me to the middle of the ball, what are you planning? What? You want me to dance here? It’s an order as the owner? You’re suddenly so full of yourself. Stop talking nonsense! If I dance with you, people would laugh. Also… to tell me to dance in front of them… Are you doing this on purpose? Huh? Oi! I never said I was going to dance! Did you just step on my foot? Are you trying to embarrass me? Stop lying by saying you’re not! You don’t even know how to dance. Yes, I’m different to you. Because I’m the first star of the Teikoku Star, of course I can dance. I can make everyone in this place stare at me in awe. That’s why I should dance? So I can show it… to them?

[7:12]
Are you, by chance, mad because they were making fun of me? Hn, how childish. Do you think they would shut up if I show my skills to them? But… fine, I’ll join your plan. Hey, take your hand off. Do you not understand? I can’t dance while you’re hanging on me. You’re not even ready, also at times like this, the man is supposed to offer the dance first. Now, Lady. Shall we dance? Your hand, please. Do not look down. Adjust your posture. You’re the one who started it first, are you trying to make me embarrassed? Keep eye contact and continue to smile. You said that you’d show the skill of the Teikoku star, right?

[8:36]
Don’t think about anything, relax your body and leave it to me, okay? Mm, okay. Very good. Look around, everyone is speechless looking at our dance. Well that’s expected from a Teikoku star. Yes I’m…. a star. I have a life as a star. Hn, I didn’t say anything. More importantly, I need you to act as a suitable partner for me. This is what it’s like to dance with a star. It’s a turn soon. Don’t step on my foot.

[9:44]
Hahaha, follow me well. Even if you’re a beginner, I won’t be easy on you. Haa, I can’t believe there’s a woman that would drag a man to dance. Don’t you think that’s lame? But, it wasn’t that bad while dancing. Even though the only thing that’s a bit off is that you were my partner, its fine I guess. Hn, what? You look relieved but I haven’t forgotten about your disrespectful actions before. I shall give you a punishment so be prepared, but not now.

[10:47]
Those soldiers were from the same year in school as me. There’s nothing to be surprised about. Military boys’ school. In this period, if you’re a boy, you dream to be a soldier. Just looking at my house’s status, I would’ve easily become an officer. Hn, I know what you want to ask. I bet you want to know why I’m on stage instead when I wanted to be a soldier, right? Isn’t it obvious? I wasn’t fit to become a soldier because I lost eye sight in my left eye, no, my eye sight was taken away from me. Did you thought that I was born with a blue eye? No, my eye turned into this disgusting colour. I got picked on a lot and it turned blue when I lost my eye sight. Why are you so surprised? You lack creativity. Can you not tell by one look? I’m not a purebred Japanese. My mother is an English person. And a person like me applied to become a soldier to sacrifice my life to the country. How do you think the people around me looked at me like?

[12:24]
Simple, they would curse towards my appearance as it didn’t fit a soldier, and they would assault me. I didn’t even do anything… It wasn’t only my colleagues. My superior also disliked me and would assault me. And once, whilst he was whipping me… he hit my left eye… If ordered to die for a colleague, a soldier would die without any hesitance. Questioning stuff was not allowed. The life of a soldier was everything to me. You could say that that was only thing I had. That was what I held pride but… my only pride, dream was taken away. The horrible assault, the taste of blood and the scars on my body was fading. When I regained consciousness, I was looking at the ceiling of the hospital.

[13:40]
My dream life was taken away because of how I was born. No, such life did not exist for me in the first place. I realized my feelings were coldly dying. But, I am alive here. Because the owner before, my uncle gave me a new life as a star. Why are you so surprised? I can’t believe you didn’t even know that while you were with me the whole time. Hn, I talked too much. Forget about all of this by tomorrow. Since the evening party is ending soon, go home now. Go rest early.

[14:45]
What do you still have something to say? You’re going to protect the theatre? Hn, I’ve heard this so much it’s annoying now. Whatever, that’s your dream so do what you want. Unlike me, you can still achieve your dream. Then, see you tomorrow at the theatre.

[15:32]
Hey! Why is it so noisy? It’s so loud I can hear it from outside! I thought there was a riot. It was on the newspaper headline before, right? That stuff were stolen from the department store. What a chaotic world. Since it was so noisy, I thought that this theatre was also under attack. Thank god it wasn’t. Then is it right to say that something else was under attack? Hn, it was a call from a noble asking for the theatre’s registration certificate… Good timing, give it to me. You trash! Don’t ever call again! Our Daiteikoku owner has no intention of giving it to you! Why are you staring? Shouldn’t you at least say thank you? I didn’t expect you to actually say it… I didn’t do it for you anyway. I just dislike noise, since I can’t concentrate. Also if I leave it to a woman like you, you might do something ridiculous. You know too right? How important this theatre is to me… So I can’t leave it to someone else.


TRACK 7
Anpan (T/N: bread roll filled with anko) in your right hand, and lemonade in your left. Owner is always working hard. Huh? There’s quite a lot of lemonade left. It would be hard to sell the rest of this. What, why are you being suspicious of me? Ah, you’re worried that I might do something to you. Hn, just watch. Hey, the ladies over there! Would you like some lemonade? Also, how about some caramel anpan with the lemonade? On a special day like today, you should really try this out!

[1:01]
Then with this it’s really the end. We sold quite a lot. Hn, it wasn’t like I was trying to help you. By the way, can you give me a glass as well? I’m quite thirsty. It tastes good. Do you want some too? What’s the matter? There’s no need to refuse. I’ll help you drink. Hey, if you run away it’ll spill all over. Even if you spill it on your chest, I’m not going to lick it. I won’t give you the bottle, and it’s alright you can empty this bottle soon.

[2:10]
Since I’m giving it to you directly, why don’t you drink it more gratefully? Is it the first time drinking it straight from someone’s mouth? I can tell that you enjoyed it just by looking at your face. Ah, I can’t hear you properly. Shall we go since we have to prepare for the evening performance?

[2:51]
Ah, owner! You came at the right timing. I was trying on some costumes. Since there’s a new play starting this autumn, I thought I should start practicing whilst wearing the costume. Huh? Owner, you’re going to pick out the costume for me? Then I look forward to your assistance, owner. This jacket? Then I shall try wearing it… What the? It’s a flower patterned jacket? Woman’s wear? Ah, stop right there owner! I can’t believe the owner just made fun of their own actor. You chose this on purpose, right? To make fun of me like that, what are you, a child? I’ll make you regret later. By the way, this costume doesn’t look good on me at all. Hahaha… Haa, really.

[4:23]
The play will start soon! Is everyone ready? Owner? Are you okay? What’s the matter? What?! Who came?! Unbelievable… How?! Why would those guys come? Did you say they’re rare customers? How are they even customers? Those military soldier bastards. Why did they even come here? After knowing where I worked from that evening party, did they come to mock me? They also brought the superior officer… Was taking away my eye sight not enough for them, so they came to take away my living? It’s starting..!

[5:45]
Isn’t it you fa-father? How have you been doing? Please leave the next war to me… I shall definitely win….
Damn it, why? I can’t speak properly… I’m not sure where to look at… The play hasn’t finished yet… but why? Why? Don’t talk to me!... I’m not in the mood to play with you…! By saying that they’re on ‘patrol’, they were all standing in the first row, and it seems they still dislike me. Laugh all you want, you peasant owner! To this theatre, I’m only a hindrance right now, since I’m an actor that can’t even stand on stage properly. Am I… going to lose it again? Like that time? Why can’t this world just leave me to live my own life? Shut up! You don’t understand! This is my problem! Leave me be! Can you not hear me? I said leave! I am…!!

[7:29]
…You, a commoner… How dare you hit a noble… A Teikoku Star! What? My dream? I have no dream anymore! Because I lost it with my left eye! It will never come true! My new dream? Now, my dream… as a Teikoku Star… The dream for me right now… yes, it is to shine… on the stage… in this theatre… Yes, I cannot lose a first star’s light due to something like this! This theatre is my everything… haa.. For a commoner to lecture me, you’re quite a bold woman. Yes, this is my, a Teikoku star’s, stage! The lights went off. The second act is starting. I should go now. You stay here and look over me. I’ll be back.

[9:40]
Ahhh, what a tragedy. Already, everything in this whole world has become our enemy. What is the meaning of resisting whilst being oppressed, humiliated and to bleed? I would rather be stabbed with a knife so I could be free from all this pain… but, I cannot do that. Because I can never leave you here.
Thank you for coming! Please come again next time! Ah, thank you for everything. Please come again. Ah, sergeant, it’s been a while. I truly thank you for coming to this Daiteikoku theatre. Please, come again, I shall be waiting.

[11:20]
Oi, you. What are you doing just standing there? You look dumbfounded. We haven’t finished our farewells yet. Stop fiddling. Let’s go.
Hm? Ah, it’s you. Even though no one’s here, for a person who’s not even an actor to come on stage, what a shameless woman. It was the first time for my colleagues and superior to come. They shouldn’t be interested into me who was depressed and lost the dream as a soldier, but they came all this way just to mock me. They must have quite a lot of free time.

[12:17]
The past is something that people wish to erase, but cannot be erased. I became a first star, and I arrived at this dazzling place. I became a perfect star. The dejected past, no longer achievable dream, and this left eye that changed colour, it feels like all of this was not there in the first place. But that’s not true. It felt like the fear of losing my only one support kept following me. I can never forget those days when I lost my reason of life and was dejected. My uncle was the one who led the empty me to this world, my home Teikoku Star. Then appeared a weird woman who was now the new owner of the theatre and kept on talking about dreams. Could a commoner woman really protect this place? Will I be losing my home? If that did happen, I would really die this time is what I thought. But what happened was the opposite. You taught me the meaning of life. To continue to shine as a Teikoku Star, that is my… dream.

[13:57]
Now no one can break my dream. Hn, I shouldn’t have shown you the backside of the stage, anyway it is all just boring stories. I’m a star. Right now, and also from now on, and forever, I will be a proudly, shining First star of this Daiteikoku theatre. This dream… allow me to make it come true. Don’t just nod. Hn, whatever. I’m going to return home now. But before that… I’ll take you to your worn out house. Don’t misunderstand, this isn’t for you. It feels bad to be in debt to a commoner. No wait… You, the commoner, should say ‘Please take me home, Master Seishirou’. Hey, hurry up. You lack respect. You’re stuttering. Hn, you really are bad at acting. Hurry up and get ready. Don’t make me wait.

[15:34]
To ride in the same car as you, I’d never imagine this to happen when I first met you. You said that your dream was the same as the owner before, my uncle’s dream, right? Do you like plays that much? What was your favourite performance then? What? My performace? Even if you’re trying to flatter, I won’t change my view on you, idiot. You were humiliated be me, but you still say that my performance was the best, huh. Hn, I know that I was too harsh. Of course, since I did it on purpose.

[16:37]
Yeah, say whatever you want. Generally, people with bad personalities have better acting skills. What was so funny about that? Really, what kind of education did you receive whilst growing up? I also never thought that I would share such a conversation like this with someone else. But… It’s not that bad. I wonder why… To think that I would accept myself this honestly… It’s strange. To think like this it… might be thanks to you. Th-thank…

[17:43]
What was that?! An attack?! Is there a riot?! Damn it, those soldiers! How is this patrolling?! They aren’t helping at all?! Hey, are you okay? This won’t do, we can’t use the car anymore. Let’s run! Be careful! Ah! I’m fine, so let’s go! I only got hit on the back, it’s nothing though! Run!

[18:40]
Hey, you okay? You’re not hurt, right? I see… Are you shaking? Don’t worry, it’s alright now. Have you relaxed now? I wanted to take you home, but the way to your house was too dangerous. But it’s still dangerous to just stay outside like this. Hn, we’ve got no choice, let’s go to my house. It would be dangerous for a woman to stay home alone when there’s a riot going on. Spend the night next to me, alright?


TRACK 8
 Sit anywhere you like, I’ll get the tea ready. You don’t need to apologize. Don’t try to act strong now. This is my house, you don’t need to get scared… so don’t cry. Hn, you were just shaking and now you are nodding your head so confidently, but it’s best if you rest now. Follow me, I’ll show you the bedroom. This is my room, and I made the maids leave. Use the bed and whatever you want. Why are you being so hesitant? Is a bed really that interesting? It’s okay so get in.

[1:32]
Ah! How bold of you to hug me first. Even though you say it’s because of the thunder, I wonder what your true intentions are… haha… Ugh! Don’t hug me too hard! No, it’s just because my back hurt a bit. Since I got hit in the back before, I probably got a bruise. Don’t make such a face, I’m used to this. Because during when I was a soldier, a bruise was nothing. Why do you look like you’re going to cry? I don’t understand you. No, you don’t need to treat it since it’ll get better after time. I told you its fine. It’s not a big wound. Ha, you’re so stubborn. Fine, so I just need to show you my wound? If you see how small it is, then you’ll also accept that it’s nothing.

[3:01]
How is it? There’s nothing wrong with my bones, and there’s no blood, right? This bruise is fine. Ugh! Just because I said its fine, doesn’t mean you can touch it! This is the punishment for touching it. Since you made me hurt, now we’re equal, right? Or, do you want me leave a red bruise on somewhere else? Hn, of course I’m the same as usual, so you don’t need to worry. You finally accepted it. To make a relieved face that obviously… By the way, to take off a man’s clothes forcibly… what a naughty woman. Plus this is my room… Did you really think that nothing would happen to you?

[4:20]
Don’t look at me with eyes filled with tears! Perhaps, are you actually trying to seduce me? That’s not what you’re doing? Hn, that’s stupid. That’s what I should say. To have feelings like this towards you, I didn’t intend this to happen… Lift your head… Before when I was on top of you like this, you resisted so hard… Am I still that scary? Really?

[5:29]
To think that the star of this capital would do something like this to a commoner… I never thought this would happen… Hey, don’t turn your head. Look at me. You’re so stubborn. If that’s what you’re going to do… fine. Then, here I’ll… The lips aren’t the only place where I can kiss you. What if I lick here?

[6:29]
Don’t squirm like that. Was it that good? The inside of your mouth is already so hot. Your lips are wet, it excites me… What are you hesitant about? It’s not that you’re just embarrassed? Why are you hesitant? Hn, to say that after you came all this way… Yes, you certainly are a commoner that only wears cheap clothes. But so what? That doesn’t matter. Move your hand. I can’t do as you request, because I want to see you as yourself closer than anyone else. You made me say these words, so do as I say. Don’t worry, with these hands… I’ll be nice, okay? The reason you live on… I’ll teach you tonight.

[8:09]
Your white skin, it’s turning into a peach pink, it’s erotic. Don’t cover your mouth with your hand. Let me hear you properly…Really? If you’re still going to cover it then fine. I’ll test you to see how long you can resist it. Hn, don’t look at me with those eyes… I won’t be able to control. How about here? Be more honest. Already you’re starting to make noise. Is this your limit? You’re not convincing at all if you look at me with tearful eyes. I can tell that you’re shivering when I touch you.

[9:31]
What, do you have something to say? If you’re going to say stop, I won’t listen. You want to see my left eye…? It’s not even something good to see… This is just something disgusting. Hey, don’t touch my hair on your own… Hn, fine if you want to see it then do it. You’re the only weird person to say that this wound is pretty. Do you look up to me that much? You like me that much? Who agrees just like that?! To seduce me more by something cute like that, I won’t be responsible for what’ll happen next.

[10:46]
Next is here. Do you want more? Then say it yourself. Hn, if you say so then I shall. What? Don’t say you don’t want it now. Now, since you said it, just accept it. You should kiss me first. You can do it, right? Just do it like how I did. Do you think I’ll let you escape? I’m not going to let you go until you do it properly. Now… Huh? Hey, I have no memory of me kissing you like this. I never told you to lick the lips.

[12:27]
I just showed you an exemplar so you try it out. Um, not bad since I got to see that face of yours. That voice, very good. I want to listen to it more. Now, put your arms around my back. Stop being hesitant, but not bad. Come closer. I thought you were just an ignorant woman… but you’re so lovely now. The difference in status, it doesn’t matter anymore. Now, hold my hand tonight. Let us be together until the sun rises.


TRACK 9
The thunder that struck the night, the endless rain, and the cold outside that contrasted against the heat inside. That night, we were connected. However, that destined day had come. Year 1923, September the first.
The weather’s not very good nowadays. Yes, there’s lots of black clouds. I wonder how many customers would come. Really? I guess that’s fine. Yes, you will also be looking at my performance from the front. You could only watch from the back, right? Look with those eyes and remember properly how I perform. Like how you looked at me that night…. With passionate eyes. Then I’ll be back.

[1:30]
I believe that no matter what obstacles there may be, there is always a ray of light at the end. The reason why I kept on going forward even though people would verbally assault me or give me such pain... Is because I could meet you.
Ah what? What's this? An earthquake? Owner!!
Ugh.... the fire is spreading too fast. Oi!!! Where are you? It's already too dark here yet my eye is... Damn! Can you hear me?! Who's there..?! Owner!! You're here thank god! Let's talk later and get outside. The fire has already spread out here. Where's the exit? Don't cry! I'm here with you! I'll never let you die.

[3:01]
I truly want to be with you. I'm not lying. I like you, no love you. I finally realised that my life is to shine at your theatre but how come...?! You also feel the same as me? Hey! Don't close your eyes! You said you loved me right? Look at me! Oi what's the matter? Oi!! Did she inhale too much gas? Why... Why does something disappear as soon as you believe it's yours? Why do I also lose something that I want more? If we can't live together then at least you should..! I refuse to die together. You didn't watch till the end right, my performance from the front. Watch it! Don't leave my side.

[4:31]
Hey hey! Oi, it's me do you recognise me? Get a hold of yourself. Ah that's good. You were sleeping for two days. How's your body? Anywhere hurt? Is that so? That's good then. This is my room. Well although it's a mess it's enough to avoid the rain and wind. Theatre? Let's go look at it later. What I can show you now is... Okay, understood. Then I'll also go and see.

[5:38]
See, this is the capital. It's quite a mess. There's nothing left in town. The Daiteikoku theatre too. It's exactly as you see. The theatre has fallen, just leaving its structure. It looks like a skinless big creature. If I was one second late bringing you out then both of us would have died. To protect the theatre... It was a short-lived dream. Hey, don't cry. Yeah, it was a precious promise with an important person and a dream to you. I know how painful it is to lose something precious. Because the theatre was also a precious home to me that I didn't want to lose. Stop crying. The theatre is broken but.... So what?

[7:08]
Even though the theatre is broken your dream hasn't right? We can always make another stage!  The two of us... I'm a first star that shines this capital. A star that guides the dark night sky. When this period becomes darker that is when I need to shine stronger. That is my life and dream as a Teikoku star. While I'm alive I can't lose it. As long as every one doesn't give up on life this capital can be built again.

[7:56]

Yes let's build it again. A theatre as wonderful as the opera house. Let's make another stage there! If it's the two of us we can do it! Now lady, take my hand. Live on together with me. No matter what happens in the future, please stay with me. I swear to love you for eternity. Will you accept me? Hn I will never forget those words. I shall continue to stand on the stage and I shall walk forward with you, the owner. As the first star who lights up this capital.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your translation ><~

    Is it weird to be treated like a servant while you are the owner? Anyway, I forgive for all he had done after he fed me (me?) lemonade. >\\\\< aww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ^_^
      I guess Rejet just loves to make the listeners to be treated bad by all the guys in their CDs.
      Ah, yes the lemonade part made me blush because of his sudden change in attitude! >< (By the way I think it's totally okay to use 'me' since I also like to think the main character is myself as well hahaha XD)

      Delete