Monday 4 April 2016

[Translation] Taishou Guuzou Roman: Teikoku Star Vol. 2 Isao Disk 2


Hello,

I've finally finished translating all of this. I finished it at a snail's pace orz.
Honestly, I think I'll be pretty slow from now on cause I have so much school work to do....

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and, as always, I warn you this is not 100% correct. So if you see any mistakes, I'd be grateful if you could point out to me. Feel free to share but please credit me!!


Taishou Guuzou Roman: Teikoku Star Vol. 2 Isao Disk 2
Seiyuu: Nojima Kenji




TRACK 6
Hello, is it you, owner? It's me. What, even if I'm hospitalised, I can still call. Hah, the stab wound wasn’t that serious, because it's a woman who did it. It didn’t look like that? Huh, now that you mention it, you were quite panicking when you saw me covered in blood. It was just a trivial injury.
Hey, why did you run to the stage at that time? The opponent was wielding a knife, you know? If it went slightly wrong, you could've gotten killed. Because this theatre is a place that you have to protect? Hah, what a grand and splendid mind you have. With that, are you trying to act like an owner even though you’re a mere woman?

[1:16]
So, is that why you thoughtlessly jumped on stage? What a stupid way of thinking. You should be thankful to the backstage people for suppressing that crazy woman. You should reward them as the owner. More importantly, I have news to inform you. My days in the hospital is now over. As if I could sleep in this cage like bed forever. I just called you to inform you that I'm going to recover at home. Bye.

[2:03]
What? A carer? Unfortunately, I live by myself. I also have no intention to hire someone in the future. Heh, are you worried about me? As always, you're a fussy woman.
Ah, then you can come over and check my condition out. If you can endure staying with me, that is. After all I've done to you, you're going to be alone with me. Can you handle it? Hah, there's no way you can, right? Haa? You can?
Heh, now that's something worthy to see. If so, then come. I'll be waiting for you at my house. You already know the address of my house very well, right?

[3:23]
You really came? Long-time no see, owner. Excuse me for lying down.
During the time I haven't seen, you've weakened. Well, something like that happened in the middle of a performance, you'd have a lot of stuff to take care of. Well, in my case, I got payed for my own mistake; but, it seems to be misfortunate to you. Anyway, till when are you going to stand in front of the door? Come here.

[4:15]
Yes, no one is here in this mansion. I'm just living here as I wish. It's simply just a holiday house. My main house is in Koube. So there's only you and me in this mansion.
As always, you're too unaware. Did you think that since I'm injured, I wouldn't be able to do anything? There's no way I wouldn't be able to. Even if I can't stand on stage yet, I can easily suppress a woman like you. Hey, I wanted to meet you, owner. I kept on thinking about you. I was thinking that I wanted to hold you down as soon as I could get out of the hospital.

[5:31]
Are you glad to see me wounded? Like you said before, I paid for my actions and got into trouble. And on top of that, it was on stage where everyone could see. You definitely think this is good, right? I got stabbed by a woman I played with, so I dissevered it; it's because I belittled women - is what you’re thinking, right? Yes you did think like that. Even now, you’re actually ridiculing me in your mind. That's why I hate women. Whenever I see women, I remember. With the slightest presence, the image of her keeps overlapping.
I can never forgive her, her shadow… No matter how badly I would treat women, only a void darkness would spread in my chest.
However, owner, you're the first woman to resist me this much. If I could completely break you, who is like that, I wonder if I would be able to cut these never ending thoughts.

[7:23]
Haha... How can you disagree? You wouldn’t know if you don't try.
What are you doing suddenly, you stubborn woman?! Tsk, how dare a mere woman, pin me down on the bed?
What's with that face? Hah, there's no way I've weakened. The wound has been closing up, I'm fine. You're telling me to quietly go to sleep? What's with that way of saying? Sounding so important. Hn, I’ve lost my interest, I'm going to sleep. Go home already.

[8:27]
Huh?! You're going to come see me again tomorrow? You really don’t learn. Next time, your body will be totally broken. Haha, what's with that sudden confidence when you were terrified of me just before?
Hahaha, no matter what, you’ll come every day? What a stubborn woman she is, acting strong. She was even terrified of just entering this room. Whatever, if she comes every day, at least I’ll have something to interest me.

[9:34]
Oi, can't you wipe the floor more quietly?! Like this, I won't be able to sleep at all. Besides, it seems like it's starting to rain. If you hurry up and don't gather the laundry you just hanged, it's going to be a waste.
That woman, she really is here every day. What is she thinking? Also for her to take care of everything, is she some kind of servant? With me not being able to move, is she plotting something? (T/N: Sorry I couldn’t quite get it)

[10:27]
I see, so you were able to gather all the laundry before it got soaked. Good for you. Till when do you intend to be like a servant? Until I've recovered? Is it also the owner's job to care for the weak? So annoying, besides, while you're here looking after me, what's happening at the theatre? Heh, it's fine? Are you saying you are taking care of both well?  You’re terrible at lying. Everyone has something they're bad and good at. Managing a theatre doesn't suit a woman. Don’t get mad. There’s something you can do well. You want to know? Then, come on, lend me your ear.

[11:49]
How careless, hahaha. Did you think I'd do nothing to you? You..?! To throw my sleep-wear at me, it seems like you really do want to be treated badly? Tsk, do you think you'll be safe if you stay far away so that I can't reach you? Once I recover, I'll do as I please.

[12:32]
Ha....ha.... Ugh...! Ah, so hot....! Ugh! Ha....ha.....ha....ha.... Ah, you..? Why...are you still here..? A fever...? Me..? Now that you mention it, I feel light headed. Yeah, I had a bad dream. It's the worst.
Ugh, it's cold! What is it?! A wet cloth? I don't need something like this. What a stubborn woman, fine do whatever you want. Hah? Porridge? I don't feel like eating.  As if I care. Even if I don't eat, the fever will eventually cool down. That's how I was cured all this time.

[14:03]
What, I already you told you about my mother, there's no way that woman would properly look after her son. Who cares? I’m going to sleep. Get out of my room.
These bed covers feel so heavy. Why so many? It’s that woman’s doing. She’s overreacting over a mere fever.
It's warm....


TRACK 7
Oi, I'm telling you every time, it's noisy. I'm trying to sleep here. You... It can't be helped, there's nothing else to do besides sleeping. It's annoying how I have to sleep all these days. Every single day, staying beside me, it's annoying. You say you’re taking care of me, but to me it seems like you're just interrupting me. Thanks to you I'm wide awake now. Ha... I give up on sleeping. I might just clean my cut glasses since it’s been a while. Oi, get me a glass cup from that glass shelf there. Yeah the one at the very top. That red one in the middle, give me that. Also a cloth to wipe that glass from that drawer.

[1:37]
I'm warning you, don't drop it. Everything in this room are historic and have high value to my collection. Ah, the way it is cut, it's very beautiful, right? This biidoro (T/N: from Portuguese vidro, “glass”) glass isn't just normal glass. This technique is called gradation. Compared to the European glass, it’s more delicate and beautiful. It's a type that you can't obtain easily now. Especially this cut glass, I heard that it is rarer out of the lot. Compared to the usual ones, it's especially more red. You could even say that it is scarlet. The lamp that was in the owner's room before, but shattered, you didn’t even know that it was from the same place this glass was made. Even if you did, it’s such a waste.

[3:07]
Do you know why I like cut glass? It's because it's irreplaceable. You could buy a new one, but not in the case of this glass. If you break it, you'll never be able to get the same one. That's why I like it.
Ah I’ve talked too much and the only person who is listening is you, who doesn’t even know the value of this. Don't mind and just do your own work.

[4:13]
What, you were writing an account book? Hn, did you think I wouldn’t be able to get close to you? If it's this distance, I can walk if I have a walking stick. I’ll make you pay later for disturbing my sleep.
More importantly, I was wondering what you were doing, but for a woman to calculating with an abacus, it’s a pain to see. You look like my father who is only thinking about money. Are you that troubled calculating money for you to be wrapping your head around it? Show me. Let's see. Today's left over from selling—8 lemonades. Tomorrow’s amount to sell. 3 anpans (T/N: bread roll filled with anko) disposed, total of 7000.

[5:19]
This is the theatre's canteen’s account book? Have you been doing this difficult stuff by yourself? Ugh, indeed it's problematic if the theatre falls, but at this rate you'll collapse. What do you mean you're fine? You've obviously gotten skinny. You're enduring it. In the first place, why are you even here every day when you should be busy with all the theatre work? Besides you only started taking care of me as a spiteful remark, I’ve been steadily recovering. I don't need your help anymore. If you're in trouble you shouldn't bother with other people. Besides, that face you’re making right now saying ‘you can’t do anything without me’, makes me annoyed.

[6:24]
Huh? What are you saying as if you’re so important? I never told you to worry about me. Beside, you are annoying. I prefer it if you're not here. Ah. No, what I just said...!  What? I'm selfish? T-that's you! Shut up! You're not needed anymore, leave already! Once I've recovered, I can hurt you whenever I want. Why don't you hurry up and run away? Just leave already!

[7:19]
Looking after me is also her work? Her hands are already full with other work. If she collapses, it would be me who would feel bad. That idiot woman. She really isn’t in the place to care others. Tsk, I forced myself to move too much. Ugh.

[8:12]
Hm? Oi, the phone's ringing. Pick it- tsk. Oh right, she's not here anymore. It can't be helped, I have to go. Ugh, shit. I thought that most of my wounds have recovered, but as expected my legs haven’t recovered yet. It’s strained from what I did during the afternoon. At this rate, when I'm hungry, it would take all day to just get to the kitchen. Should I make someone cook for me? Either way, I still have to walk up to the phone. Haaa... Seriously, why do I have to..?

[9:52]
Hello? It's me. It's been a few days. A matter? Of course I have a matter, then why else would I call? How's the theatre work going? Hn, that's what I thought. That's why I told you that everyone has something suitable and not for them. For you, I'll offer a deal. Instead of the idiotic female student doing the hard accounting, it would be obvious that I would do it faster and more accurately. In the meantime, you can cook me dinner in the kitchen. Do you understand? Isn't it a great idea? If you understood then hurry up and come here.

[11:03]
So you came? It seems like you've finally started to listen to me. Because I asked you to come back honesty? I never said anything like that...! I just made a deal. That's the only reason I told you to come. Ah...!! Hey!! Don't go back!! Ugh, fine, I understand so come here. I, um.... Well.... At that time, I overreacted.... So... In other words, I.... I feel a bit sorry....

[12:15]
Huh? Are you going to apologise too? I thought you were a stubborn woman, but that was unexpected. Well, whatever, are you satisfied now? Then, I already told you I'm hungry, make me something already. What's so funny? So irritating...

[13:00]
Ah wait. Are you already going home today? Tomorrow, it's been a while, but I'm going out so you should wake up early too. You are equivalent to my servant already, you have no choice but to follow me. Hn, it's alright, now I can walk without a walking stick now. Also, I should steadily recover my health so I can go back on stage. That's what the doctor also said before. Ah that's right, I'll go to your house by eight tomorrow. Be prepared by then. Where we’re going? You'll know where we are going once we get there.

[14:15]
Then I'll come here again tomorrow morning.

[14:33]
Here we are. What, perhaps is this your first time coming here? ‘Fuugetsuen [Wind moon park]’, it’s a famous theme park. You've at least heard about it, right?  Well I've brought quite a few women here but it's been a while since I came here ever since my face has been known as a Teikoku star. There’s a lot of stuff here, but something called ‘Ooyama [big mountain] slide’ seems to be famous here. No matter how stubborn you are, you shouldn't slide down with those clothes. Firstly, should we go ride the swan boat? We could have a look at the zoo after or...
Ah that's right, there's a thing called ‘Fuugetsu Troupe’ here. It sometimes might be helpful to watch the stages of others. Hm? What's the matter, you have a weird expression on? Are you at lost as to what to do first? It doesn't matter, you can do whatever you enjoy. This is a theme park, there's no point in coming here if you don't have fun. Come on, let's go already.

[16:25]
Here, we returned to coast. We only went on the boat, but you’re already completely exhausted. Is it because I scared you by saying the boat might sink? Yeah, you looked terrified. It was amusing.
Here, lend me your hand. I'll pull you up.
Oi, idiot, that's dangerous!!
Ha.... If I didn't pull you, you would've fell. Were you that scared? I stopped you well, you say? Is this really the time to be fascinated? Also I'm confident in my physical abilities. If I wasn't, how would I be able to be a Teikoku star? But what a dull woman you are. Come on, stand up properly. Let's go to the next place.

[17:55]
Phew, we wandered around quite a lot. We roughly went through the important ones. How's that? Is it good? That manjuu is famous here. I don't know why but I heard it sells insanely. Well, I haven't eaten it before. No, I'm fine. I don't like sweet stuff.
...oi, look at your face. You have food stuck around your mouth. Ha... If you're a woman, you should be more aware of your appearance. Whatever, I'll take it off for you.

[18:48]
What is it? Your face is red. It's been a while since I've seen your face like this. Don't move.
As expected it's sweet. You eat something like this well. What, your body is shaken? Did you not thought something like this would happen? Hey, have you not thought of the reason why I invited you? Why do you think, now that I have recovered my health? You haven't forgotten that I’ve held your throat before like this? See, didn't I touch you with that glass.... Here on the neck...? I might've invited you outside to break you? Aren't you afraid?
Heh, you're still as stubborn as you usually are. Then should I try it out? Like that time.... I'll hurt you again... Like this.....

[20:36]
Hahahaha.....hahahaha..! Why are you closing your eyes? As if I would do that. That's not the reason we came here. Today I just....
Ah.... Tsk, I was thinking that the flow of the clouds were weird, it’s raining again.
When I'm with you, it rains a lot. It seems like you're a woman who brings rain. Good timing, I'll buy an umbrella from over that store. You can choose what you want.

[21:41]
Here, I don't mind whatever, so choose. Have you decided? Mm, what? This seems like quite the cheap umbrella. Instead of that, the one over there is more pretty and stylish. Well, I'll buy you whatever you chose. After we buy it, let's hurry up and go home. What, am I not going to buy one, you ask? One is enough for us. Come on, get in. Why are you so far? Idiot, then there's no point in buying an umbrella if one of us gets wet. Especially this umbrella is small. Come here closer. Now this'll do.

[23:05]
What's the matter, you're quite submissive today? Is it because I really didn't put my hands on you? What, if you were expecting it then I should've at least pushed you down even if we’re outside. Don't get mad, I didn't come here today with that kind of intention. Realise it already, you dull woman. With just nursing and doing theatre work, you get tired right? Hn, what's with that face? Have you finally fell for my kindness? If you did fall for me, tell me. Then I can be with you all night.

[24:06]
Huh? You honestly praise my kindness, yet you don't feel like spending the night with me? Don't laugh, damn it. Seriously, rather than your honesty, I prefer your usual stubbornness. It’s hard to joke with you, so I don’t know to deal with you.


TRACK 8
So noisy. Tsk, what's the matter, it’s not locked. You usually just barge in, what's the matter today? What's this? Why are there so many journalists? What do you want? Me and the owner are lovers, you say?
“Wielding around her authority, she goes after Teikoku Stars one after another. The unfortunate Second Star caught up in this relationship”
Did we get caught for going out last time? I was too incautious. I see, they made her into the antagonist.... How dare they write however they please? Ugh.

[1:55]
Oi, are you there, owner? Don't make a sound, there are still journalists out there. If they find us out it’ll be troublesome. I want to explain everything, so let me in for now.
It seems like you are being quite attacked by them. I'm in the same position, and I was going to return to stage soon. But for this to happen, being a Teikoku star is so tiring. Since the journalists have been pursuing us like this, I guess you already know. It seems like a problematic newspaper press saw us together outside last time. They wrote as if you're the evil woman who seduced me, the Teikoku star.

[3:08]
What, you have a troubled face. At times like this, it's okay to cry. To be swept in this outrage, to be abused at your house, you wouldn’t be able to go the theatre at this rate. Don't hold it in. It makes me, who's watching, painful. I'll lend you my chest so sometimes be selfish. When I treated women badly, I'm sure some of them would've told the press, but nothing happened. It's not me who is being treated as the bad guy, it's the woman who is relatively weaker that gets aimed. If we were to get targeted, I knew it would aim towards you since you’re the woman. Ha.... I was too incautious. What, is it a surprise for me to say something like this? I thought that women were disgusting beings enough to make me puke.

[4:31]
There were only women who were greedy and selfish around me. I actually felt like puking when I saw them. I would always see the same bad dream again and again. But recently I realised... That I haven't seen that dream for a while. Even if I touch you like this, it doesn't feel bad. In fact, I think you’re endearing. It's because it’s you, that I've started to think like this. It was you who changed me into a decent man. I understand that you might feel disgusted because I've hurt you so many times before and I've suddenly changed my behaviour. Even so, I'm serious.

[5:56]
Your cooking and the sound that you'd make while cleaning, I adore all of it. I don't want to lose it. I’ve made fun of the feeling of love this whole time, but I now know that I was foolish. I love you.
Yeah, I know that it is unforgivable for a man and a woman to selfishly love each other considering that my family will be enraged and I would no longer be able to stand on stage as a Teikoku star. Even so, more than anything, I want you. Your response.... Can you tell me it?

[7:24]
Ah…! Till death, I will forever love you...! I promise.
The journalists have started to rampage again. Firstly, we need to do something about this situation. Don't worry, I'll recover your position. It will definitely go well. No, I will make it go well. So, come to the theatre with me.

[8:25]
Look at it, the seats are completely full. Journalists and even people who were always surrounding me. I told them it would be a press conference but quite a lot of people have gathered. Calm down. For you to back down here, that's not like the stubborn you. You're the owner here, right? Then stay confident like an owner. Then, let's go. It'll be your once and only stage.

[9:22]
Newspaper journalists and ladies. The people that I've always looked down on are all here. Till now, I would’ve simply swatted them away,
Everyone within the audience and those who have always expressed interest to the theatre, I sincerely thank you for everyone who has come here to my personal conference despite your own busy schedules. In addition, I truly apologise for the disorder that I have caused. The reason why I have asked you to gather here is because of what you already know. It is because I am here to explain about the incident of what has happened between me, Isao, and the person here who is standing next to me, the Teikoku theatre owner.

[10:48]
Firstly, please let me explain. She is nor the evil woman nor has she tricked me by using her authority as the owner. On top of that, no matter how many times I pursued her, she has not once fallen for me. She simply stayed by my side. Despite knowing who I really was, she got close to me. And it was me who realised that, at some moment, I have fallen for her. To make her happy than rather standing on stage as a Teikoku star, that has become my happiness.

[11:51]
She is a precious person to me. She is the first woman who made me thought that I wanted to protect someone more than anything else.
I believe that there has been a lot of people who have suffered because of my rude conducts. I am truly sorry for that. I know that by simply apologising will not fix the problem and I intend to do whatever I can to compensate for it. So please believe it, that the relationship between me and her is no fake relationship! And that it is true trust that comes from the bottom of our hearts.

[12:53]
What's the matter, making such a face? Yeah, in this time, we aren’t permitted to have free love. Once I've done something like this, I won't be able to stand on stage as a Teikoku Star anymore. Even so, in order to prove your innocence and protect you, this is the only way. If it's for you I can throw away everything right here -my family, name, money and my position as a Teikoku star. I don't care even if the whole empire laughs at me, despises me or suppress me. I just don't want to lie about my feelings of love for you. Isn't that what it is about to like someone?

[14:13]
I would be grateful if you could watch over us, who still have room to develop, with warm eyes. Also I please ask you to take care over the Teikoku theatre from now on!


TRACK 9
I'm home. The newspaper's interview finally finished. This'll make it quite difficult to walk around the town. This house too, now that I've cut ties with my dad, I have to give it up. Everything is full of difficulties. Well, I did end up falling in love with whoever I want and I made such a ruckus, so he'll definitely say something about it. Are you okay? I see. Then that's good.

[0:59]
The fortunate thing was that there weren't as many critiques as I thought there would be. I never thought that there some ladies that would congratulate us. The people who invest the theatre won’t be able to complain much since the Ladies are supportive. Women are strong. The people who understood were mostly women. It seems that my eyes were clouded this whole time.

[1:44]
Ah that's right. I took one of these from the theatre. It’s leftover from selling. Also, my collections of biidoro glass. The glass to exchange alcohol, yet, in fact it'll be left over juice that’ll be exchanged. With this, we will face many obstacles.  This’ll be our marriage ceremony, just with the two of us. With no family name and position, I can't even prepare a wedding dress. I now have nothing. I'm just a mere man. Despite that, I want to take clear responsibility. Although it can’t get anymore informal than this, this is the best I can do for now. Forgive me.

[3:13]
Tsk, what taste is this juice? A sweetness that burns my throat and it has a weird bitterness. I don't understand how this is tasty. This is the reason why there are always leftovers from the shop. Tsk, what, I'm being serious here. Why are you laughing? Hah? It’s a juice that I have to dilute in water? Damn, tell me that earlier. I told you that I can't tolerate sweet stuff. Tsk, then, it's your turn to drink now. There’s no way to dilute it with water, so you also drink it undiluted like this.

[4:16]
Did you drink it? With this, we are now married. Till now I've lived as a Teikoku star for everyone, but now I'll live only as your husband. I won’t be able to stand out on a stage, I’ll be like a small star. Also I promise to live forever loving you.

[5:12]
Huh, what? It's not good to do this during the day? That seriousness of yours, it never changes. I've been waiting till we get married, also now that I've seen your troubled face, I can't help but to look forward to it now. Even now, I can't wait to change your stiffen face into a crying one. Yeah, it's because I enjoy teasing you. Though, I'll pamper you with love.

[6:30]
You're the first woman ever to make me think that I want to make a woman mine..... and probably you'll be my last.
What's the matter? You're right, it might be hard to live with the world’s harsh view. Despite that, there are quite a lot of ladies who understand. Wouldn't it be fine if we overcome this, step by step, together? -with our own ways of living. You too, you don't want to give up the theatre, right? Then I'll do my best to save the theatre too. Your dream is now also my dream. You and the precious things to you, I'll definitely protect them. So, I want you to believe me and come along with me.

[7:59]
Stick out your tongue.
Does it feel good? Your body is getting hot. Your cheeks are red. Your neck too.
What's the matter, you’re trembling? That reminds me, you are weak here. If so, I'll do it more. What a nice reaction. Haha, it can't be helped. You're too loveable, I can't help it. I'll do my best to treat you kindly so that I won't break you. Yeah, let's have a fun time.  Just forget everything. I'll let you forget all your worries. I'm saying that I'll protect you. There's nothing to be afraid of.

[9:33]
This time you're not resisting, huh? If you really don't want to, tell me. I don't want to force you. Ah, I see. Damn it, you're so loveable, I feel like I'm going to get crazy.
I won't make you regret for choosing me.
I love you, and only you. You're irreplaceable with someone else. While risking everything I have, I'll forever love you. Such that other people will be jealous, we will be a happy couple.

[11:29]
No, I'll directly talk to that person. Tell the actors to prepare properly. Ah, also fix up the canteen’s directive, even if we’ve settled down, there’s been complaints that we are short on anpan. I, the owner, am giving orders so don't complain with just this amount of work.

[12:10]
Oi, are you still preparing? Be quick, the photographer is sick of waiting. Since you said that you wanted to take the photo at the theatre, we called him all the way here. What, it's been a while since you've finished preparing? Then why aren't you coming out of the room? Hey, I'm going in.

[12:46]
Ah. What, it suits you well. Huh? What are you getting all embarrassed for? Um, well, isn't it nice? No matter how you look at it, you're a beautiful bride. You really are pretty.

Hahaha, that's a nice spread of red now, it looks more natural than before. Then, it's been a while since we've married, but shall we go take our marriage photos now? Now, lend me your hand, my lady. In order to protect this theatre, let's walk together as a well married couple, okay?

2 comments: